Teraterm and Com5
Liam D
2003-10-16 08:50:10 UTC
I am using Teraterm Version 2.3. I have a laptop with a single serial
port. I am a USB to serial port converter which adds two extra serial
ports to COM4 and COM5. I want to use Tera term rather than Hyperterm
as this is too flakey.

Can anyone tell me how to setup Teraterm to deal with COM5. In the
release notes for teraterm 2.3
(http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html) it states:-

Serial ports larger than COM4.

Anyone managed this before?

Thanks
Liam D
Simon
2003-10-29 10:11:34 UTC
Post by Liam D
Can anyone tell me how to setup Teraterm to deal with COM5. In the
release notes for teraterm 2.3
(http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html) it states:-
Hi Liam,
I just had the same problem - and solved it...
In the teraterm.ini file located in the same directory as the TeraTerm
executable you have to find a line saying MaxPort=4.
Change the line to MaxPort=5, restart TeraTerm and your problems have
vanished.

Best regards,
Simon Tjell
Denmark
lmcbmai
2005-01-09 17:36:29 UTC

The latest version of TeraTerm (released Jan 6, 2005) is available from
here http://sleep.mat-yan.jp/~yutaka/windows/index.html.

New TeraTerm related forum was set up yesterday on the following
address:
http://www.neocom.ca/forum/index.php
Feel free to post any TeraTerm related questions there and they will be
answered by TeraTerm development team.

Best regards,
///Boris