Putty function key F5 Not Working on VMS
SY3913
2013-03-26 11:27:22 UTC
Dear User Group,

Functions keys F5 onwards on my Putty terminal emulation (keyboard setting VT100+) onto VMS 7.1-2 does not work.

Am using a Toshiba laptop to remote desktop onto another windows machine running Win server 2008, and running Putty on there to access the vms server.

Function keys F1 to F4 work but F5 onwards do not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you.
Bill Pechter
2013-03-27 18:31:42 UTC
Post by SY3913
Dear User Group,
Functions keys F5 onwards on my Putty terminal emulation (keyboard
setting VT100+) onto VMS 7.1-2 does not work.
Am using a Toshiba laptop to remote desktop onto another windows machine
running Win server 2008, and running Putty on there to access the vms
server.
Function keys F1 to F4 work but F5 onwards do not.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
There are no function keys beyond PF1->PF4
There are if you emulate vt220 and newer DEC terminals.
As far as the Putty keys generating ESC OP through ESC 0[ -- I tested
them by opening a file on a Linux box with vi, going into insert mode
and hitting Control-V followed by the function keys and they all
work for me.
Post by SY3913
Thank you.

Bill
Digital had it then. Don't you wish you could buy it now!
pechter-at-pechter.dyndns.org http://xkcd.com/705/
s***@googlemail.com
2013-03-28 07:37:52 UTC
Thanks. I tried the VT400 option (and all others) on the Putty keyboard configuration options, and none of them work.
Also tried another laptop (hp) and connecting a dell keyboard to my laptop, to no avail.
Are there any known solutions ? or do i have to buy emulation software such as rumba or refelction, which i ve used before.
Thank you.